|Green Peas Stew|
Green Peas Stew
Here I have one of my favorite vegetable dishes, Mediterranean Green Peas Stew. I cook this green peas stew very often. It reminds me of my childhood. It is a quick and easy recipe. You need frozen peas, onions, carrots, and a potato. So colorful and delightful vegetarian dish. Serve this dish with Turkish rice or Bulgur rice and cacik.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
Calories per serving 330 kcal
- 400 gr. frozen peas
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1 potato, cut into small cubes
- 1,5 tbsp of tomato paste
- 100 gr. grated tomato
- 300 ml. hot water
- Black pepper
- Fresh dill
- Saute the chopped onions with vegetable oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and potatoes to the pan. Stir and sautee all for a few minutes.
- Then add the tomato paste and grated tomatoes, stir well.
- Add the frozen green peas, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the hot water to the peas and put the lid on.
- Lower the temperature and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Serve your dish with fresh dill.
- You can add meat to this stew also. Then cook first the meat and add peas last 20 minutes.
- You can add beef broth or vegetable broth.
- Serve your dish with Turkish rice or Bulgur rice and cacik.