Ingredients for 4 people
- 2 eggplants
- 150g minced beef
- 1 onion
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- sunflower oil for frying
- Wash the eggplants and cut the skin every other centimeter. So peel off one centimeter wide and then leave a centimeter of skin, etc .. We do this because the skin is quite tough, but we can not completely peel the eggplant because it then loses its firmness.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise through the middle.
- Bake the eggplant on all sides with sunflower oil.
- Put the 4 pieces of baked / fried eggplant in a baking dish.
- Cut the inner side of the eggplants and create a space for the sauce.
- Fry now the meat with the finely chopped onion and garlic.
- Remove the peeled tomatoes from their fluid / from the can. Cut them into pieces. Add the sliced, peeled tomatoes to the meat. The tomato water / moist should be saved for later.
- Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped parsley to the sauce and remove the pan from the heat.
- Fill the eggplants with the beef sauce.
- Put sliced tomatoes and green peppers on the stuffed eggplants.
- Spoon liquid from the peeled tomatoes from the can on the eggplants.
- Put the dish in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes at 180 degrees.
Tip!Do not butter in the meat sauce. The oil in the eggplants gives enough fat to the dish.
My wife's original recipe can be found here: Gevulde Aubergine, Karniyarik